Thursday, February 17, 2011

Top five things wrong with San Francisco

Recently I have started my vacationing in San Francisco, CA, and amid my travels I've found a little bit of everything, from Chinatown to Fisherman's Wharf and it's all very interesting. (I'm not saying San Francisco is a horrible city so before you read this title and say "who the !@#$% does she think she is?!" read the rest of it.) But there have been somethings I have noticed that I'm sure many other tourists or even locals have said WTF to, and here's the top five:

1.) Traffic--Now, I know its not as bad as New York City, but, New York City would also not cram cars, trolley's, buses, and--what I believe is either called a Muni or Caltrain--on the same road.
2.) People--I have been in this city for about three days and in my three days, I have only experienced two people who have actually stopped to say "hello" or "have a nice day!" or something to that nature.
3.) Prices! Prices! Prices!--I understand its San Francisco but why is it when I want to tour Exhibit A that locals pay $3.00 for a pass and since I am a tourist have to pay $7.00?
4.) Cash only?--I can understand in some places where "cash only" is necessary but in a place as famous as San Francisco, I would never think using my Mastercard or Visa would be an issue.
5.) Smog-- 


Enough said about that. In my opinion the top five worst things I listed above could be fixed this way:

1.) For the traffic either make the roads bigger or add another route.
2.) I know not EVERY person I come in contact with will be friendly, but maybe if traffic wasn't horrible and the prices weren't bad it would be a start.
3.) Treat others as you would want to be treated. (Also can be applied to number two.)
4.) Dear business owners, you live in San Francisco! You are not anything "special," EVERYONE has a Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or American Express so get over it!
5.) Ok so here's a question...if there are so many liberals "concerned" about the environment in San Francisco, then wouldn't you think that San Francisco would have more Hybrid vehicles? I mean, I live in North Carolina and I see a ton of people that drive Hybrid vehicles, the only types of vehicles I saw in San Francisco were: Lexus, Mercedes, and BMW's.


1 comment:

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog, please feel free to search away, and if you have any questions or want a certain article posted send me an email to : ctgenie99@yahoo.com

Search This Blog